I can’t be more grateful to have read this amazing book—Found: Letters on Love, Life, and God—just in time for Love Month! How sweet it is to be reading letters these days…
Reading the book felt like having a face-to-face conversation with the author. All throughout the read, it seemed like the author knew me personally as she’s gone through the same experiences I had. I’ve been encouraged and reminded of how much God loves me and how great and enough that love is. This made me realize that most of the disciplines that I have now are healthy, although I still need to work on some.
I love how she plays with words; Ms. Isa Garcia is a certified wordsmith! Reading the book made me want to meet the author in the near future as we have a lot of things in common—we share a lot of the same sentiments. I’m thankful for the author’s courage to share her heart with us, readers.
Here are some of my favorite quotes from the book:
1. “Love is the Man who takes the blame, who feels the whip on His battered back, and carries a wooden beam. He climbs the hill, and is nailed to the cross even though he did no wrong, all because of love.”
2. “Your heart’s not glass. It’s made of far better and tougher stuff.”
–> This one’s for those who are afraid to love again.
3. “Going along with someone is to know that to share love — no matter how brief or how long the moment — is always a privilege. The space we get to love somebody is always just enough.”
–> This reminded me to savor every moment.
4. “So many of the things you say Yes to in life will determine who you are and where you’ll end up. Your Yes is far too sacred to be squandered.”
–> This is something we should be reminding ourselves of every once in a while.
5. “When you leave, you begin to understand the worth of what you have walked away from.”
6. “I want to be sought after for the way that I love, for my capacity to inspire, for a big faith.”
7. “Truth is just that: The thing that stands tall even after everything else has crumbled away.”
–> I love how she defines truth in this book.
The calligraphy artworks included in the book are a breath of fresh air—wow! Check them out!
Found is available at OMF Lit and Passages Bookshops and PCBS branches nationwide (stock availability varies per bookshop) and through their online store: passagesbooks.com.
It is also available as an ebook through the following:
Google Play Books
[ I received a complimentary digital copy of the book. This review is part of the blog tour for Found: Letters on Love, Life, and God. ]